Facebook is a tool specially designed to connect you with your family and friends and to meet new people. You can view pictures, learn new things, chat and socialize; I guess you already know all this by now. However, you may not know that it is possible to be online without allowing your Facebook friends to know, you can do all these without being seen, there are so many ways to do this, irrespective of the method you choose, the destination is the same
Some of these options are explored in this article. Don’t miss our list of the best sites to buy Facebook Followers from here. However, buying Facebook followers isn’t as exciting as looking at your Facebook Followers secretly!
Staying unseen On Facebook
- Login to your Facebook account from any convenient browser
- Tap on “Chat.” You should see this at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Tap on “Options,” then choose “Go Offline. “
Once you follow those instructions above, your friends will not be aware when you are online, and this will remain that way till you deactivate the feature. No one will notice the change; it will be like you’re offline.
How to Stay unseen on the Facebook Messenger App
Facebook Messenger is a chat app built by Facebook to make it easy for those with an account on the platform to easily send and receive messages, the same way you do on Whatsapp. If you have lots of friends on Facebook, then chances are there that you will have some friends that always bug you with unnecessary messages, here’s how to stay hidden from them;
If you don’t want your friends on the messenger app to know that you’re online, here’s how to go about that;
- To go invisible, on your Facebook messenger app, navigate your way to the shortcut panel on your messenger app, you will see the shortcut panel on the left side of your screen. Another way to go about that is by tapping on the blue bar that is situated closely to the Facebook icon. After this, tap on “See all.”
- On that page, you will see a gear icon at the top-most left side tap on that icon, then click on “Settings.”
- On the new window on your screen, find and slide the toggle that is located at the “Show when you’re active.” Click Done when you have finished.
How to stay hidden on the browser
To deactivate your online status on your browser, follow the instructions below.
- Login to your Facebook account on any device of your choice
- You will see “Friends” below the Facebook icon, tap on it.
- Go to the top-right side of your screen and tap on edit friends, then choose “Create List,” you should see this at the top of the Facebook page.
- In the field asking you to enter a name, type in “Blocked on Chat.”
- Go through the list of friends that you have and tap “Create List” at the bottom of your dialog box. Go to the bottom end of your Facebook page and tap on “Click on chat” to see the chat list. All the friends on this list are those that can know if you’re online. If you want to see the list of friends you’ve blocked, tap on “Friend Lists” at the top of your chat window, by the right. After this, tap on the “Blocked on Chat” list.
Seeing Your Facebook Followers in Offline Mode Secretly
- If you want to switch to offline mode, go to the panel that you will see at the right side of your screen, then go to the bottom right corner of the screen to tap on the gear icon; this is mainly located beside the search button. Once you’re done with this, you’re officially in offline mode.
- Although this is not necessary if you want to tighten the bolt on your offline status, tap on then tap on the gear icon, and select “Turn off chat.”
- Also, you can choose to turn off chat for some friends while turning it on for others. You can do that by tapping on “Turn of chat,” then you will see a new window·
- On the new window, you will have the option of disabling the feature on your Facebook account.
How to hide your online status on Windows
Those who browse from a Windows device can access Facebook in two ways. From the primary Facebook app and a messenger app.
If you’re browsing with the Facebook app, you can use the method we illustrated above. However, you should note that your device does not support Facebook Messenger.
How to hide your online status on Facebook Android and iOS Apps
Although the Facebook Android and iOS Messenger apps show slight design differences, functionally, the two are the same. The steps listed above work on both platforms. Follow those steps.
Knowledge is power. Increase your privacy on Facebook and Facebook Messenger. You can limit who posts and activities. Reserving them, especially for your loved ones and those you cherish. This gives you the freedom to express yourself and enjoy your time on Facebook, without worries or being uncomfortable.
The most amazing part of this feature is that no one gets to know. Your activities remain private and undetected. Remember to reverse these changes if your reasons for activating them are over. You can also set reminders. Most people forget they ever made these changes and stay that way unconsciously.
Either way, there are fantastic privacy options available for you today. They were created for your convenience, privacy, and enjoyment. Use them as you wish!